Tuesday, July 1, 2014

DIY Ombre Painting

I was inspired to do this project based on a picture I saw on Pinterest. I immediately fell in love with the painting and knew it would be really simple to make on my own.


So here's what you'll need:
A canvas

2 tubes of paint, white and whatever color you choose

A thick flat-topped paint brush


First things first, I covered up my workspace so that I wouldn't have to clean up too much paint later.

Then I went ahead and got started! For the first stripe, I used the blue paint color straight from the tube. I decided to start my stripes from the top edges of the canvas because I liked the way that looked more but if you want to see the actual paint strokes more, you could start painting about an inch below the top of the canvas. 

Before I went onto the next stripe, I added a little bit of white paint to my blue paint to make a lighter shade of blue.

So I just continued this process of adding white paint and painting the next stripe all the way across the canvas.
 

And here is the final result!



A simple painting that adds a pop of color to any room. Plus, it was under $10!
I still can't decide if I like it better on the wall or sitting on the dresser. Let me know where you think I should put it below!

Show me your ombre paintings by commenting or send it to me via twitter, instagram, etc. I'm really interested to see how you make it your own!

Xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment